• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac system requirements to achieve reliable performance of >=1 frame per second?

Contributor ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to get a rough idea of what kind of Bitcoin mining rig I need to work with PDFs using the Macintosh version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

Separately, there is a sub-field of software architecture known as "code optimization".  Are there any plans to explore this technology?

TOPICS
Cancel subscription , Crash or freeze , Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat , JavaScript , PDF forms , Print and prepress , Rich media and 3D , Scan documents and OCR , Security digital signatures and esignatures , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your question actually about Bitcoin mining, or is this a complaint disguised as a question? PDFs aren't generally measured in frames/sec. If you have a specific issue please describe it in detail, with examples.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have to admit that it is a complaint.  I am frustrated and perplexed that my 3rd machine with i7 quad 2.7ghz processor and 16 gigs of DDR3 would be routinely reduced to "3-5 seconds per frame" performance by just by opening multiple PDFs of scans of short 8.5x11" documents in Acrobat at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUMP NEVERTHELESS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Morgan,

Could you please provide answer to the following questions?

1. What is the version of the application?
  2. Are you seeing the slowness for all pdfs or only some type of pdfs?
  3. You mentioned scanned pdfs. What is the typical page range (number of pages) in the pdf that are slow?
  4. Are you seeing this only for the scrolling workflow or is it seen for other workflows e.g. text recognition, editing, sign etc.
  5. Could you please share a spindump or sample dump for more investigation?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines