Mail merge from Word to PDF hangs - "Inconsistencies in the database"

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running a mail merge from word 2010 to PDF. It keeps hanging and giving me a message "Acrobat PDFMaker has found inconsistencies in the database. Please make sure there are no blank records or email fields in the database"

I've never seen this before. There are no blank records. And of course there are email fields! I've run merges before with email fields, and with no problem. I don't understand what's happening or how to fix it.

Please help.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

989

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ANY LUCK ON FIXING THIS!?! I am having the same issue no idea what to do...

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if we'll have the same fix, but I was getting frustrated with the same thing! 

 

When I ran a preview and viewed the last recipient the merge fields were left blank. Apparently, Word was reading beyond the table in my sheet, and that was creating the error for the blank records...

 

To fix it I just selected one row below my data, SHIFT + CTRL + Down Arrow, and deleted it. I did the same thing for the columns next to my data. After that, it created the merge and allowed me to convert it to a PDF. 


Hopefully, this helps! 

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you SO much for this suggestion!  I was so frustrated with a merge that was not working.  I followed your suggestion of deleting fields below and next to those being pulled from the spreadsheet but was still getting an error message.  I started the whole merge again and previewed recipients and found that it was pulling blank fields from an unexpected portion of the sheet so I excluded those recipients using the checkboxes in the Word recipient list and got it to work.  Thanks again!

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines