• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mailto-link opens Outlook in Acrobat reader, not in Acrobat DC

New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a simple mailto: link in my PDF. When I click on it in Acrobat Reader, it opens Outlook (like it should). So I know that my settings for Windows are OK (default mail app, how to handle the mailto links, ...)

But when I click on the same mailto link in Acrobat DC, it opens Chrome?!? And yes, in preferences I have indicated that Outlook is my standard e-mail app.

So this seems to be a bug. Is there a way to solve this? Using Acrobat Reader to solve this, is no option.

Tnx for the feedback,

Bart

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not recommened to use Reader and Acrobat in parallel on a system, since this can cause unexsprected behavior. Uninstall Reader and repair the Acrobat installation to test it then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a web mail account set up under Preferences - Email Accounts in Acrobat, by any chance? If so, it will open in your default browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, just the standard e-mail application (MS Outlook)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines