• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make acrobat close exiting window as it opens new file from an internal link

Contributor ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I use to Run a Batch script  to force a  large collection of connected  pdfs  to work through one window and  not have hundreds of pdfs opening  astaing open  thought its was a a document script  

setDisclosed
this.disclosed = true;

But this is not working  and a little search sujjest this is more about making JS  accessible to  Acrobat 

In my old working files the Script looks like this 

//<Document-Level> //<ACRO_source>This Doc is Disclosed</ACRO_source> //<ACRO_script> /*********** belongs to: Document-Level:This Doc is Disclosed ***********/ this.disclosed = true; //</ACRO_script> //</Document-Level>

In the New documents  it looked more like this ( Probabbly not correct )

function setDisclosed()

this.disclosed = true;
{

But neither work  the ne pdfs remain open  the old ones close as  new file open   

Can anyone point me in the right direction

TOPICS
JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What setting does you use in the preferences?

Bild1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The two things are unrelated to each other. Whether the new files are opened in the same window or a new one is a property of the link object and of your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, i Have a disc with about 200 files on all ate interlinked in some way my last copy of this disc all the files open and closed no matter what my preferences say the Disc is designed to be distributed and has been in existence for many years, from around 2004 it gets updated once every 3 of 4 years If I recall originally when first stated compiling this most peoples computer could not withstand all the files opening I recall there was a batch script I had to run so the files would close as a new one opened.

I have many issues with InDesign and the latest iteration of this collection. Thanks to a script from try67 I have been able to complete this year update everything is kind of working but the newly edited file remain open when opening a new file all the old historical file close when they open a new Even the Historical links in the new file remain open when they did not in the previous editions.

Maybe it's part of the same problem I have with InDesign exporting the full file Path or externally linked files it may.

If anyone can suggest a remedy for this which does not involve changing your preferences If not I will have to send out a note with every disc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines