• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Make properties default' in Adobe Acrobat doesn't work and I cannot change my default author name

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I’m writing because I’m having issues setting the default commenting name on Adobe Acrobat Pro. When I had it on my Mac, all it took was changing a comment name once and selecting the “Set properties as default” option to never ever having to change it again. Now I have it on my Windows computer, the option works for the current document I’m commenting on, but once I close the application and open it again, it goes back to saying “Lenovo” (keep in mind it is Lenovo and not my username that sticks). I have tried setting up a different signature from the Adobe preferences but that doesn’t work either, and I have gone through all of the options in the document cloud page as instructed in Preferences > Online services and I cannot find any option at all. Is there a way I can do this? I do not want to have to set properties as default every time I open Acrobat. I hope I was clear enough about my question. Thank you for helping me out!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit - Preferences - Commenting and tick off the box next to "Always use Log-In Name for Author name".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried that too, I always have that option off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange, that usually does the trick... What exact version of Acrobat is it, and what OS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it's pretty weird. I'm really using my last resource here It is Acrobat Pro DC version 2019.010.20069 and my computer is a Lenovo x64 based computer with Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try running a Repair Installation from the Help menu of Acrobat.

On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 at 00:52, ana sofiah1681453 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just tried it and it didn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anasofiah,

We have tried to check this on our end. It is working fine here.

Would you mind updating the application to the version recently released?

Check if you still experience the same behavior.

Launch the application and go to Help > Check for updates.

You may refer this link Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC to check the latest updates available.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It tells me there are no available updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have Adobe Acrobat Pro X ... don't know if this will help you, but for me to change my default font and color:

•Tools>Edit

•Under "Tasks", select Add New Field, then Text Field

•Add a text block, select the formatting you want, and close it.

•Right click over the text box you just created.

•When to box opens, you should see "Use Current Properties as New Defaults" - click on that.

That should set all new text to the formatting you created.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines