• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making an unsecure pdf secure

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document that I scanned as pdf but I don't want anyone to have the ability to edit it. Is it possible to save this as a secure, uneditable pdf?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @viola1998 

Yes, you can make the PDF secure. For that, you need to open the PDF in Acrobat DC and then from file> "Protect using password".

Here is a help document you can refer to: https://www.adobe.com/acrobat/how-to/pdf-file-password-permissions.html

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Viola,

What Harsh says is the best way to do that. However, be aware that there are various ways that editing can still be done. For example, not all PDF applications will respect a password. So, for example, if a person wants to, they can print the document out and then scan and OCR the document. 

Simply securing that a document cannot be edited is no more "secure" than any lock — with motivation and time, nothing is ABSOLUTELY secure. I just want to make sure you know this going into your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines