Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Managing a Multi-Page PDF

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

We have a service guide that is 65 pages long and I'm wondering if there's a way to allow someone to select pages of it to print - almost like a document builder within the PDF. Often someone will only need one section of it, but we want it to print with a set of standard pages attached to it. We could separate it into individual PDFs, but then we have to update individual PDFs and I'm wondering if there's a way to keep it all together but allow the reader to navigate it more efficiently and select the pages they want to print. Open to suggestions and ways we could improve the navigation using Adobe's software. One option I thought of was the Adobe View SDX, but I'm not a developer and it seems complicated. Also, I don't think embedding a PDF this large into a webpage is a good idea! 

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They can do it by opening the Pages panel on the left, selecting the pages they want to print there (use Ctrl to select individual pages, and Shift to select a range), then right-click one of those pages and select Print Pages...

This will open the Print dialog with the page numbers fields pre-populated with the selected pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. I'm guessing they can only do this if they download the PDF? I don't seem to have that functionality when it's viewed in browser. It's not a bad option if we provided a bit of "how to use this PDF" instruction at the top. I'd hoped there might be an Adobe document building solution, but maybe not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat can build documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, they have to view the file in Adobe Acrobat or Reader in order to have this functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines