• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Map Custom property to a form field

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I map a Custom Property (File > Properties > Custom) to a form field?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By using this script as the field's custom calculation script:

event.value = this.info.TEST;

("TEST" is the name of the custom property in the case. Replace it with the actual name you've used)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that worked great on my test PDF.  This made me realize that I didn't provide full details in my question.  First, can this also be done so the field can be modified in the form to write to the Custom property?  Second, here's the crappy part of this, I need to map this on a locked-down government form. 

I am using SolidWork PDM (SWPDM) to map a SWPDM variable to the Custom properties in the PDF.  While I have gotten this to work, I could not get the Custom property to poplulate the form field.  Your solution works great, but I can't edit the government form that was created using LiveCycle Designer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To copy the value from the field to the property use the following as the field's custom Validation script:

this.info.TEST = event.value;

This will only work in Acrobat, though, not in the free Reader.

And I don't know if it will work in an LCD form, sorry.

You can ask here about that:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/ct-p/adobe-experience-mana...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines