• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Menu bar and part of tool bar missing from top of screen.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The menu bar and top portion of the tool bar will not display on Acrobat DC. When I try to click in that area it activates whatever application is running behind the Acrobat window. The only way to close Acrobat is to close the window via the Windows taskbar at the bottom of the screen. The partial icons that are visible will function but I can't access any tools or menu items above that point.

I have tried to uninstall then reinstall the program and that did not help. I have also run a repair on the program which did not work either. This version is installed from Creative Cloud.  help please.

Acrobat DC Problem.jpg

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

I fixed this issue. buy uninstalling the Graphic driver in device manager & allowing it to reinstall (dont select delete Driver )

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found another easy way to fix it... go to Settings > Display. Change Scale & Layout to 100% and voila, fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to solve the problem by doing a Windows graphic reset with the following:

Simultaneous Ctrl>upper case>Window>b

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to display settings, mess around with where the displays sit (put left monitor to the middle, save, revert back), put back to original settings of where the monitors sit. Magic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl+Shift+Windows+B (press all together)

The menu bars reappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the solutions posted below works for me.  I've uninstalled the drivers, did the ctrl-shift-win-b thing, tried to restore the menu bar (with alt-spacebar), tried to get the GPU to do the scaling, it's been run in full screen mode and not in full screen. Nothing works.  The issue is on two laptops in the office.  Both occurred more or less the same time.  I've tried rolling back Windows, I've uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe but this piece of .... software that we're paying for (as opposed the freeware pdf readers) is persisting with the problem.  The moment I open a pdf file, I just have to hover the mouse on the doc for a few seconds before the menu disappears. I can get it back by clicking tools but then I have to work really fast (2-5 seconds) before I lose the menu bar again.  Come on Adobe, seriously.  Have you not yet been able to fix this problem after so many years??! Shame on you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also tried all the solutions above and it always reverts back and the menu bar disappears.  It happened on both my Dell computers but not on my surface they are all running Windows 11.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On April 24, 2023 I downloaded Adobe Reader to my new computer. The NEW reader was missing the top menu bar. This version had a vertical tool bar and the other tools were on the left instead of the right where I was accustomed to seeing them. After some playing around and looking for a solution on the community forums I found if you click on the hamburger in the upper left corner, a drop down window appears and the choice to "Disable the New Acrobat Reader" is listed. Click that and reaunch and voila the Menu bar etc. returns

See screenshot:

Adobe Reader Menu.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this worked great!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a Godsend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.   After trying all other suggested fixes with no success, this easy fix worked.   I had spent hours trying to repair, uninstall, reinstall, web searches, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2023 Aug 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you legend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Laptop:

Uninstalled app

Re-Installed from Microsoft Store

Works fine now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out @RichMarO posting from Apr 2023, that is the better fix than what you (and I as well) did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had the same behaviour with an old Version of Hardcopy (a screenshot program) somehow conflicting with Acrobat.
After we updated Hardcopy the Problem was gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having a similar problem on and off with Chrome and Acrobat Pro 2020 for a year or two - the menu and ribbon would disappear, and clicking in that area would bring up whatever window was behind Chr or Acro. The problem only occurs when the Chr or Acro are in max-window mode, and the menu / ribbon would reappear when somehow the window has been resized (if only I could remember the keyboard shortcuts!). (max window but not technically "full screen" = cntr L in Acro, F11 in Chr)

The problem is intermittent and resolves on restarting my computer (= app windows can be full screen without losing the menu / ribbon). I have had to reinstall windows, Acro and Chr a couple times for unrelated reasons, but the problem still develops ... intermittently. This issue does not develop with MS Office or other applications, though I use Chr and Acro (and Outlook, Word, etc) a lot more than other apps, and routinely in max window mode. I have kept windows, the Intel graphics driver, and the apps involved up to date. My laptop has a 12th gen i7 processor and 32GB of RAM. System / app details are below.

It would be helpful to know what is wrong between the graphics (?), windows (?) and these apps. As MS apps seem ok, I worry the issues might be one of those challenges with software companies playing nicely with each other.

Acrobat 2020 v 2020.005.30539 (latest)

Chrome Version 120.0.6099.218 (64 bits)

Windows 10 22H2 19045.3930

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines