I'm using word with an Adobe Acrobate plugin to create individual PDFs based on a word document with a merge field. The problem I have is connected to the filename of the individual PDFs. I'm able to specify the start of the filname, for instance "file", but when I create the PDFs the filename is for instance "file1234" and not "file1, file2, file3" etc. I understand that individual filenames are needed, but the numbers are not logical and chronological. This makes it hard to easily specificy the filenames in a excelfile with names and emails of receipients. Is there any way around this?
I specified the first part of the filename which is "certificate" and then when I created the PDFs the got individual number in addtion to the filename i specified (as in the screenshot). The wordfile did not have any attachments.
What I did was that I used word and the merge function and added one mergefield in the word document (using information stored in an excelfile). I then used the "Merge to Adobe PDF" and in the "Specify PDF filename" box i wrote certificate.
As you can see in the screenshot all files got numbered in addition to the filename i specified, which is fine, but the issue is how they got numbered. For instance some files are numbered 15050, but then the numbers suddenly change to 511002. I also noticed, after the first initial post, that the order of files does not correspond to the order of the excelfile which I used to merge. So, if I had 50 names name 1-30 could be the 30 first files in the folder, but then name 40-50 would be the next 10 files in the folder and name 30-40 would be the final 10 files in the folder.