• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merge to Adobe PDF in Word - filenames

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using word with an Adobe Acrobate plugin to create individual PDFs based on a word document with a merge field. The problem I have is connected to the filename of the individual PDFs. I'm able to specify the start of the filname, for instance "file", but when I create the PDFs the filename is for instance "file1234" and not "file1, file2, file3" etc. I understand that individual filenames are needed, but the numbers are not logical and chronological. This makes it hard to easily specificy the filenames in a excelfile with names and emails of receipients. Is there any way around this? 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Silje,

We apologize for not being able to response to to your question.

Do you get this filename 1234 for every file that is converted or a specific one? The actual word file, does it have attachments in it?

Would it be possible for you to share the exact workflow of creating the PDF step-by-step?

Also, a few screenshots of the "filename" generated after conversion? 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha,

I specified the first part of the filename which is "certificate" and then when I created the PDFs the got individual number in addtion to the filename i specified (as in the screenshot). The wordfile did not have any attachments. 

What I did was that I used word and the merge function and added one mergefield in the word document (using information stored in an excelfile). I then used the "Merge to Adobe PDF" and in the "Specify PDF filename" box i wrote certificate. 

As you can see in the screenshot all files got numbered in addition to the filename i specified, which is fine, but the issue is how they got numbered. For instance some files are numbered 15050, but then the numbers suddenly change to 511002. I also noticed, after the first initial post, that the order of files does not correspond to the order of the excelfile which I used to merge. So, if I had 50 names name 1-30 could be the 30 first files in the folder, but then name 40-50 would be the next 10 files in the folder and name 30-40 would be the final 10 files in the folder. 

adobe1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Akanchha

I can see this is an old post but now, I too have the same issue as Silje.  The exact same numbers as Silje's have been added to my filename when doing a Word Mail Merge to PDF.  Did this ever get resolved?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines