• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mirror PDF file

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been e-mailed a technical drawing for building stud walls in a block of flats. However I've only got the left hand side flat drawings. Is there a way within Acrobat XI that I can flip the file horizontally?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Guide , Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Another option is to place the PDF into InDesign or Illustrator and export to (or save as, from Illustrator) a new PDF.

To mirror a placed object in InDesign go to Object> Transform> Flip horizontal.

To Mirror a placed object in Illustrator, it's Object> Transform> Reflect.

Of course all the dimensions will also be mirrored and hard to read. You can cover the old type and replace it before exporting to a new PDF, if it's important to you.

I should also mention you are also assuming the right side dr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide , Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

For the benefit of others who are looking for a way to flip PDFs, here is yet another way:

You can use an existing prefilght profile to flip the pages (Acrobat DC).

Tools> Print Production> Prefilght> (select the blue wrench icon).

Flip.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Toonarmytel,

To rotate a page in a pdf file, click on the page thumbnail icon in the left-hand pane > select the page by clicking on it > right-click > rotate pages.

Select the direction, page range and save the file using File > Save option.

Below are the screenshots:

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rotating is not the same as mirroring... I don't believe the latter is possible in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah try67, that's what I'm trying to do. Is there any other way to do it? Thanks for the help guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on Windows, and you have Adobe Acrobat installed, you can print to the "Adobe PDF" printer and select to mirror the output, which will result in a mirror image of your PDF file. Because we don't know exactly what it is you are trying to solve, this may not help you with your problem, but just in case, here are some instructions: mirror image of pdf file (Edit PDF)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Karl Heinz Kremer. Your suggestion worked perfectly! We're trying to prepare POWERPOINT presentations to be used on a teleprompter. We're recording videos of "expert speakers." Our speakers sound much  more natural when they're speaking to their own POWERPOINT bullet points vs. reading from a written script using an unfamiliar piece of technology.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the benefit of others who are looking for a way to flip PDFs, here is yet another way:

You can use an existing prefilght profile to flip the pages (Acrobat DC).

Tools> Print Production> Prefilght> (select the blue wrench icon).

Flip.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the reply I badly needed since several time now. Thanks. This could have been included in tools panel straight. This is very primary requirement for post production.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for this. Needle in a haystack! I never would have found this solution. We need to mirror image thousands of pages of text codes so this solution is perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Luke! This worked like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank U so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed my print option to Adobe PDF. I don't see the option to mirror image. Where is it? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using an Acrobat preflight profile will preserve many PDF features that would be lost if you print to a new PDF. 

If you are using a Mac, you may need to download and install a PPD in order to print to PDF.

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/add-acrobat-ppd.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you  add instructions again for Aobe crobat Pro DC as the above link is no longer working.Thanks in anticipation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To mirror a pdf, go to Tools> Print Production> Preflight> Fixups (the blue wrench icon), type "Flip" in the search field, click Fix.

Edit, I see this was already discussed 4 years ago.

Mirror.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANKS, Luke! I never could find "Pages" until I saw your post pointing out that you have to click the "wrench" icon. Somebody should add that to the approved answer as it might also save other folks a bunch of time. Again, big thanks, Luke!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another option is to place the PDF into InDesign or Illustrator and export to (or save as, from Illustrator) a new PDF.

To mirror a placed object in InDesign go to Object> Transform> Flip horizontal.

To Mirror a placed object in Illustrator, it's Object> Transform> Reflect.

Of course all the dimensions will also be mirrored and hard to read. You can cover the old type and replace it before exporting to a new PDF, if it's important to you.

I should also mention you are also assuming the right side drawings are otherwise identical to the left (door swings, utilities, etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly what I needed Luke, thanks! Door swings etc are not important as I'm just building the stud walls, dimensions I can easily copy over afterwards. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro XI

I've found a better way.  Zoom out so you can see the whole page. Go to Content editing and select Edit Text & Images. It will say the page doesn't have editable text or has scanned content AND it doesn't tell you but its now made the entire page an object. Left click on the scan and you'll see handles appear at the corners.  Now right click and flip it. Done!  Took a long time to find this. Happy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works so well. Thanks a million !! I need it to mirror truss layouts for garage left and / or garage right.

Joyce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those on a budget, I found converting the PDF to a jpeg, flipping in photos, then converting jpeg to PDF worked brilliantly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An elegantly simple solution! Even more so as I was searching for a solution to flipping a jpeg into a PDF!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another option- from Photoshop, Image> Image rotation> Flip canvas horizontal> File> Save-as> Format> Photoshop PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines