• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Characters when combining files or editing files

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Lenovo ThinkPad and Adobe Acrobat DC to create my files/proposals. I have made templates so I will either combine files, or I will edit a previous proposal if it requires nearly identical documents with minor changes and save as a new file. HOWEVER, the images below (the second image is actually a page full of text if you can believe!) keep happening to my files - especially when I Reduce File Size in order to be compliant. I only use Arial or Times New Roman (as that's required). If I select the text box and change the style to Bold or Italic and back again, it typically brings the characters back. But I don't want to do that to every text on every page... 

**I'm not the most tech saavy and (I think) I've tried the embedding fonts, but maybe I'm not doing it correctly. Can someone please help save me/my sanity??Adobe Font Issue 2.pngAdobe Font Issue.png

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ShyanneZerpa

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that. 

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20117 (Win), 22.1.20112 (Mac). Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

Also, try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check. 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I do have the most recent version, that was always my first check. It doesn't seem to be any specific file - the files on their own are perfectly fine, but it's when I combine them into a larger document that they decide to "freak out". We decided to un-assign and re-assign my work email so I uninstalled and re-installed Adobe. I'm about to put another document together so we will see! Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Why cant you guys EVER fix this crap?!?!?  I lose HOURS of productivity mucking around in yo\ur AWFUL software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Would you mind sharing the PDF file in question so we can check it on our end?

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED! I've been experiencing this problem a number of times when combining consultant files for construction documents. After many community forums yeilding no success and Adobe's remedial IT suggestions i.e. 'Do you have the latest version?' 'Have you restarted your computer?' I have finally stumbled on a much better solution: Bluebeam. Works like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines