• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Commenting Tools in Acrobat DC Shared Review (not in a browser window)

Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Smart People:

I understand that when working in a shared review in a browser window, the commenting tools are limited. But I thought that when reviewing in Acrobat/Reader all of the tools would all be available.

This review is open in Acrobat Pro DC and I don't see how to access the other mark-up tools, including the measuring tools. What am I missing?
Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 7.42.11 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 7.39.07 AM.png

~Barb

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced the same thing. It seems to be by design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So frustrating. I'm wasting time trying to convey specific instructions with the limited tool palette. Why can't the cloud file be downloaded and opened with the full-featured onboard application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! I was wondering if there's been any new information about this issue. I noticed when you send for review through InDesign, there's even less tools – there's 2 text tools at first and then they disappear for some reason. I refresh, they come back and then disappear again. Alternatively, if you send for review through Acrobat, there's just the few tools that Barb shows. I'm confused why these platforms don't have the other text tools that are vital for feedback. It sort of defeats the purpose of having a cloud based review because of this. Thankfully my colleagues giving feedback have Acrobat and can send me back a PDF with all the edits formatted correctly, however I'd really like to use the review tool. Is it just me, or were there more tools available in review a year or so ago? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My team are also experiencing the same problems! It's getting very irritating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I export as "Share for Review" option in InDesign and there were only two tools at one point. Then,magically, I'd get the highlighter tool and the strikethrough to replace tool, then they would disapear. When I updated to InDesign 2021; the new tools appeared to stay and my co-workers were happy. Then, just receantly, they removed the tools again. It is getting frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same problems. There is no insert text tool, only delete or replace, and the limited toolbar with only 5 tools shrinks to 2 randomly. It costs a lot of time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe, I am having the same issue. I have just started using the cloud based review system and it is really limiting only having a couple of tools to use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, very annoying. I am having only the pin and the pencil even when working with InDesign 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just utilized this tool for the first time with a large group and, even with the most recent updates, this is still an issue.  We need the full comment pallette to effectively collaborate, otherwise this shared feature is pointless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no answers on this? I don't understand why!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess it's just a broken thing they can't fix, which is such a shame. 

Something to do with saving with extended functions, but I tried to solve this before for a couple of days and it was beyond us. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to start using bluebeam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having same problem. Just wasted 3 hours trying to get around the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines