Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing fonts in Adobe Acrobat DC

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I found that when converting from docx to pdf, it does not transfer certain fonts correctly.

With Helvetica I could still understand it because I had also downloaded it especially for Word.

I then used Open Sans Semibold as an alternative, which was already available in Word. Unfortunately, this was also not transferred correctly.

How do I know which fonts can be displayed correctly in PDF / Adobe Acrobate DC?
And can fonts be added?

Thx for your help.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Ok, Reader free cannot be used to make PDFs. So you are making PDFs with a problem, but the problem is not in Adobe software. You are using Word's PDF export, made by Microsoft. Check out all the options, I think only some of them embed fonts, but if it still isn't working as expected, try a Microsoft forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff

hope you are doing well and am sorry to hear that.

Is this a behavior with a particular Word File or with all the files that you try to convert to PDF? Please try with a different file and check.

Would you mind sharing the workflow/steps you are doing to create the PDF from MS Word? Please try to create the PDF from the Acrobat ribbon present in the MS Word and see if that helps.

Also please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/how-to/create-pdf-files-word-excel-website.html

Also make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20085 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal,

The problem does seem to occur with certain documents.

In a new text document where I have written down the different fonts including bold font, everything is displayed correctly in the corresponding PDF.

This happens regardless of whether I use "Save as" or "Print as PDF".

Why does this happen? :_D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to correct myself a bit.

It seems to always depict the Helvetica font in the PDF.

However, the boldf letters are not always adopted or displayed correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to keep you waiting, Would you mind sharing a small video recording of the steps you are doing, and the source document file so that we can check it at our end https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:70b765dc-32c7-472c-9677-f4ba0f70302f

Here is the document, with not showing Helvetica fond (bold) correctly. Helvetica used for the subtitles.

Don't really know, what do you can figure out from me filming my desktop. As described above, I use the standard functions to save an original Word document to PDF format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I have checked the PDF file that you have shared and found that it was created using the MS Word PDF producer, please try to create the PDF using the Acrobat ribbon present at the top in the menu bar of MS Word.

For more info about creating PDFs from MS office please check the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/how-to/create-pdf-files-word-excel-website.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Method 1: Use the Create PDF tool in Acrobat DC

==> Adobe tells me that the format is not supported or that the file is corrupted.

Method 2: "please try to create the PDF using the Acrobat ribbon present at the top in the menu bar of MS Word."

==> I do not have an Adobe tab in Word. Is there anything I can do to add it?

Thx for your help so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does method one even work with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC? 

He sends me to a subscription page...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about if you use Save as .. Adobe PDF?  Or do you not have Acrobat (paid product) installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just using Adobe Acrobat DC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to know which product you have, it's important, and there are at least three DIFFERENT ones called Acrobat DC.

Is it

- Acrobat Pro DC (paid for, included with Creative Cloud all apps)

- Acrobat Standard DC (paid for)

- Acrobat Reader DC (free).

If you aren't sure, please look at the title bar and/or About screen (or send screen shots). We need to know, to give you the right advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat Reader DC (free).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, Reader free cannot be used to make PDFs. So you are making PDFs with a problem, but the problem is not in Adobe software. You are using Word's PDF export, made by Microsoft. Check out all the options, I think only some of them embed fonts, but if it still isn't working as expected, try a Microsoft forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines