• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Pdf Signature in print (Solved)

Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Signing the digital signature in the PDF in one drive, the signature is missing in print out. Unable to find any solution after having days for search and test. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Worked finally. 🙂

Though I believe this is not the right way, this will get the job done.
I selected the summaries and comments and then it started to show. But there is two things that we need to take care of as this option will enable us to print one extra page with a small summary and a borderline. So we need to exclude this page by manually enter the number of pages and select none for the scale to remove the borderline. Below I have included the screenshot and highlighted. I hope this thread

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

My prob solved by removing tick mark in save ink toner

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble. As described the digital signature is missing in the print.

We need some more information for a better understanding:

• What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat/Reader you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat/Reader
    Make sure you have the latest version installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.
  • Are you on a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version of the OS?

Please try the following steps and see if that works for you. Open the document in Adobe Acrobat/Reader > Go to Print > Under 'Comments and forms' select 'Documents and Markups' as shown in the screenshot below:

Untitled.png

You may also try to print as image. Go to Print > Advanced > Print As Image and see if that helps.

Let us now how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replay.

I saw this on some pages and tried already. No luck, still the signature is no coming.

I am using Acrobat XI version.

Here I will explain our process. We prepare the invoices and another doc, then share it with GM through one drive. He will sign the doc and then send it to us via one drive again. After downloading the file while we try to print the signed document is not printed. But visible in the system pdf file. After a lot of search and trial, I couldn't find the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the signature field is set not to be printed. That would make sense as a printed copy of a digital signature is worthless, really, as it can't be verified or validated. It's no different from an image of a hand-written signature (which might be fine in your case, but it's important to understand that it's not a real digital signature any longer).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In our case, not all the pdf are having this same issue. Some files it is visible and some are not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have access to an unsigned copy of the file go to Tools - Forms - Edit, and then right-click the Signature field and select Properties, and check the value of this setting:

try67_0-1594811059253.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did install adobe 2020 and still, the signature is missing while printing. Also tried as you said. I checked the signature properties and tried the comments & Forms dropdown values. Still no luck. Doesn't know how to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds a very good thing. If it is a change in Acrobat I approve very much. Under no circumstances should ANYONE ever be looking at a printed page to verify a digital signature, because that destroys the whole basis of digital signatures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, not a change since you are frozen on ancient software. Why is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our employees are comfortable with this version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Adobe DC they are not comfortable. I can see that this is very simple and they are trying to stick on with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did install adobe 2020 and still, the signature is missing while printing. Even it is not visible in the print preview as well. I had signature properties and tried the comments & Forms dropdown values. Still no luck. Wondering what could be the reason?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you share the file with us, before and after it was signed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is the link for the file.

https://easyupload.io/da4j7e   password is  - 123

https://gofile.io/d/22ctmz

kindly find the attachment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you have there is not a digital signature at all. It's just a Stamp comment.

To make sure it prints select "Document and Markups" in the Print dialog:

try67_0-1595165809538.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already tried by selecting "Document and Markups" in the Print dialog and not working. I did this signature from my iPad and upload it to one drive to download it into pc for printing. It is visible in the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if it is worth starting this post again, with accurate info, since you have said repeatedly that it is a digital signature, but it is no such thing. Few people will now read to the end of the thread and be able to add anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are very much correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS SO MUCH, THIS WORKED FOR ME... 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Execute

this.flattenPages();

in the Javascript console and you will see the signature on the printout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked finally. 🙂

Though I believe this is not the right way, this will get the job done.
I selected the summaries and comments and then it started to show. But there is two things that we need to take care of as this option will enable us to print one extra page with a small summary and a borderline. So we need to exclude this page by manually enter the number of pages and select none for the scale to remove the borderline. Below I have included the screenshot and highlighted. I hope this thread will help someone like me. Thanks for all the kind support and responses from all the great members here.

SOLVED Signature.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering if the "print as image" checkbox that's ticked made a difference as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just uncheck the save ink/toner checkbox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines