Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing preflight libraries from Print Production

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have downloaded Acrobat 64 bit (Windows 11 Pro if it makes any difference), installed and uninstalled three times, restarted my computer after each install, and am missing a few preflight libraries. I have even run the 'AcrobatDCx64Upd2300120064' patch as well. When I open it for the first time, there is a popup that says it is being downloaded and then I have to restart the program. The only preflight library that shows up is PDF Standards but the other three are missing. Does anyone know how to download the missing preflight libraries?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The libraries come with Acrobat and do not need to be downloaded separately. What is your Acrobat version?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem... 😞

My Acrobat version is 23.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

23.0 is not an Acrobat version. Please give the full version, something like 2023.123.98765 (or 23.123.98765)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I found full version number: 23.1.20064.0 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fundacja Avalon,

Thank you for reaching out.

This is a known issue and the team is aware of this.

They are working on this issue. Once th fix will be available we will update you.

We appreciate your patience. 

Thanks,

Meenakshi 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat version 2023.001.20064.

Here is what I've done to get it to work since the first post:

• Repair installation from the help menu
  • Uninstalled, restarted my computer, opened Creative Cloud and installed, shut down the computer, start up the computer
  • Redownloaded the 64 bit version from https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/download-64-bit-installer.html and it did not work
  • I had another friend export their working preflight libraries. When I tried to import them, I get the attached screenshot message
  • Booted into Safe Mode with no other extentions on.
    • Opened in Safe mode and it did not work
    • Reinstalled with Safe Mode and it did not work

I work in the Print industry and rely on these to correct customer files so I hope this can be fixed soon! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution to this issue was to copy the prepress library files from a known good working copy to the users files who is having the issue. 

The prepress file location I found at C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\Preflight Acrobat Continuous\Repositories\Default\Prepress

If you go back to the Default folder, the other 'Essential' and 'Standards' libraries are listed there as well. Hope this helps save someone some time. 

I'm working with the Acrobat install from Creative Cloud. Version 2023.003.20269

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue (version 2023.006.20360x64).
I had added a preflight library by creating and pasting the library folder in the "%AppData%/Adobe/Acrobat/Preflight Acrobat Continuous/Repositories/Custom​" folder before installing the preflight component.
In order to fix the issue, I deleted the existing "Preflight Acrobat Continuous" folder, then use the uninstaller's change feature to remove the preflight component, then I installed it again. The folder wasn't recreated with the default libraries until I opened up the preflight tool inside of acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having the same problem, I simply created a new library and all the content was added to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines