• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move QuickTools from side panel to toolbar

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to make my quick tools display in my tool bar at the top, rather than having them all contained in a separate drop down menu?  I use Adobe Acrobat a LOT (my office is paperless so I'm literally using Adobe all day long), and I'm constantly having to do extra clicks to open that drop down to get to my quick tools.  It's bogging me down.  My prior version of Adobe showed my quick tools on my tool bar across the top of my screen on the tool bar, making them much quicker to get to.  Can they be moved?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can customize the quick tools across the top.  is that what you want?

Screenshot - 1_19_2018 , 9_40_48 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that's exactly what I want.  But mine don't show across the top, the show up in a drop down inside of the icon with three dots (as highlighted below).  How do I get them to show across the top instead?

Here is what it looks like when I click that drop down icon.  My Quick Tools show up here, rather than across the top:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

expand your acrobat window so it's wide enough to show your quick tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing to expand, the window is already actual size and takes up the entire screen.  Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

get a wider monitor or use fewer tools.

if your acrobat window isn't wide enough to display your tools, you'll see those dots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, OK.  Here's what the toolbar looked like in my old version, a little more user friendly to say the least.  But I digress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

customize your quick tools so there's enough room for the most import ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try that.  Thanks for your help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new version doesn't appear to allow you to move the toolbar. (super annoying) I went to the Edit and switched to the old version.  Toolbar back on top

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, the page selecting in the bottom-right of the Acrobat window was annoying. By "Disable new Acrobat" -as they called it, I returned to the old UI which is much better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed. The new version's UI is much worse. A UI is supposed to make things easier to use - not harder to find. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines