• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple options for "Save As"

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been able to google anything that has popped up this problem.

I seem to have multiple options for "Save as PDF ... "

I've also tried completely uninstalling all Adobe DC or Adobe Acrobat Reader versions on my Mac however the problem still persists. I seem to have multiple extra options for under "open with...". Was wondering if anyone knew anything about this or if there's something I'm not uninstalling right. Thank you. 

Screenshot 2019-12-01 at 6.33.37 PM.png

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Hi seng26,

The above command needs to be run as administrator as the folder is owned by root. One way to do it is to prepend sudo command to the command above and the system will ask for admin's password to proceed. (Please be careful if you don't have sudo or root experience as it could delete everything with that superpower.)

Alternatively, you can also try the following command to bring up the Finder window of that folder. This way, you can use the GUI to drag-and-drop those old "Save as Adob

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you using the Adobe Cleanup and Repair Tool or are you trying to manually uninstall each product?

Also, if you have subscribed and installed these products via Creative Cloud subscription you may also need to use the Creative Cloud Cleanup Tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been manually uninstalling each product. 

I will try and use the Adobe Cleanup and Repair Tool and see if that works. Thank you. 

===

I have tried using that however it seems as though the problem is from Adobe Acrobat Distiller? It still shows up after uninstalling. 

Screenshot 2019-12-01 at 11.32.39 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this happening with only that file of with every pdf document you open?

Is Adobe Acrobat Pro set as the PDF owner in your mac?

If it is only happening with one particula PDF file, when you have your document open, right-click on any area of the opened document select Properties--->>>Document Properties  and check which program was used to  create this pdf document and also check if there is any extensions or addins

that prompt to to save as with the use of a javascript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To answer your queries.

Sorry I'm not sure what do you mean by "PDF owner in your mac". It is in my admin account and I have full admin privileges in editing any files or programs. Mac Preview is currently set as the default viewer in my Mac. 

It happens with all PDF files regardless of which one I click unfortunately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.

By PDF owner I was referring to which PDF program is the default PDF handler in your macOS.

In MS Windows 10 for example, Microsoft Edge browser is the default PDF handler and viewer. But the user can make any other PDF software the default handler. 

In iOS devices  it is usually iBooks.

So you've mentioned that in your macOS X  the default PDF viewer is Apple's Preview. 

I am suspecting that because it's acting as the PDF owner it may or may not be part of the issue, so it may be a good idea tu make Adobe Acrobat your PDF default handler as soon as you reinstall it and before opening any files.

That is just an trial and error suggestion (not necessarily a solution).

I will post back with more info that I can find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input. I've actually tried that. 

It seems as though that "Save As" is from Adobe Acrobat Distiller. I have tried re-installing it and uninstalling it using the Adobe Acrobat Distiller Uninstaller. I was wondering if that had something to do with it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked in Preferences and see if

disabling macOS extensions fix the problem?

Try botting macOS with extensions turned off:

https://kb.iu.edu/d/agfk#:~:targetText=In%20the%20System%20Preferences%20window,from%20the%20pop%2Du... 

See here, more tips on enabling / disabling macOS extensions:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.howtogeek.com/216387/how-to-enable-or-disable-extensions-to-customi... 

Also you may want to disable or remove conflictive browser extensions and plugins:

https://nektony.com/blog/browser-extensions 

More tips on Disabling plugins in a mac here:  https://nektony.com/blog/browser-plugins/amp 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried so however unfortunately no luck. Thank you for all your help. Was wondering if you had any other ideas / input? 

Screenshot 2019-12-15 at 11.52.58 PM.pngScreenshot 2019-12-15 at 11.53.06 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just yesterday another user with a similar issue uses the Adobe Acrobat  Cleaner and Repair Tool on his macOS and resolved the issue.

Yoi can see if this tool remove old traces of Acrobat in your system which may be part of the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried using the Cleaner and Repair Tool. And the best I've gotten to was "Save as Adobe PDF". So that's the best I've gotten so far. Thank you for your input and help though. 

Screenshot 2019-12-16 at 11.32.38 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I figured out the Save as Adobe PDF option in Open With corresponds to the code/apps under /Library/PDF Services folder so I opened up a terminal and run the following command. (requires admin permission) After deletion the app folders and restarting the box, those Save as Adobe PDF options no longer show up.

rm -r /Library/PDF\ Services/Save\ as\ Adobe\ PDF.localized

I have the same issue and I didn't find that exact "Adobe Cleanup and Repair Tool" anywhere. I could find AcroCleanerMac and AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool but none of them work at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry would like to clarify. I tried deleting the whole folder after which running the command in terminal.. how I get something which asks me to override and I'm unsure how to proceed? Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi seng26,

The above command needs to be run as administrator as the folder is owned by root. One way to do it is to prepend sudo command to the command above and the system will ask for admin's password to proceed. (Please be careful if you don't have sudo or root experience as it could delete everything with that superpower.)

Alternatively, you can also try the following command to bring up the Finder window of that folder. This way, you can use the GUI to drag-and-drop those old "Save as Adobe PDF" packages to Trash.

open /Library/PDF\ Services/

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. That worked wonders. You're a genius. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines