• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple users inputting into the same form

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a school purpose, we have multiple teachers inputting information into a set form. (Student Behavior or Achievement form) Previously they were trying to use an Excel file on a network and ran into overwriting each other. I recreated the form in Forms.  But how do I get the data from multiple users on the same form?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid you're going to have the same problem with a PDF form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I have them fill out the form place it on the network drive for the next person to fill out but keep the original info?  What are the choices to produce something like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have people fill-in a form one at a time. Adobe Reader is able to save filled-in forms, so that should be all each user needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this is what I am going to have to do.  Limit it to the person's who have to fill it out.  If they are locked out then they wait.  I spent a week trying to use Word Forms and UGH!.  Not enough versatility in the creation as Adobe Acrobat.  It was painful.

Do you know how to toggle a radio box on (X in box) and off George_Johnson​ or BhavnaNegi​?  After a bit trying with Word 2016 Forms I am back to finishing it up in Acrobat.  Now stuck on a toggle issue. Thanks in advance.

KMG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear celticblde

You can distribute the form and use one of your shared folder as a network drive and keeping the original infor intact.

The responses from each teacher can be collated as form data files (FDFs) and can be collected in a response file.

You will not face the issue of overwrite of  the responses.

You can refer the steps https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/creating-distributing-pdf-forms.html

I hope this helps.

-Bhavna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot solve this problem by changing app. Multiple users saving to the same file will fail, corrupt the file, or worse. You need a client-server solution of some kind. Submitting a form is a typical solution. Web programmer required (not HTML coder).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try a different route such as a web-based forms fill program (look at www.cognitoforms.com). That way, each teacher can fill-in the "same" form online. It all goes to a spreadsheet back-end. It's really more a database you're doing, not a form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes yes yes AdWriterInc​.  That is a great solution but I am limited to Office products or Adobe.  Its a big
FERPA deal to have this information out on other products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, My platform Businsess Support Hub allows for form editing from multipale people in one form. It is a web-based platform the captures the all the specific edits/additions in the form itself and within a seperate dropdown feature also within form, as well as the persons name, email, date and time the information was inputted. check out www.businesssupporthub.com.au for more info or to contact me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am after a cool name for a wokflow i am adding to my platform. It will allow two people to be able to complete one form. eg; i will complete the first half and then send the form to another person to complete the second half. We have just about completed the build but I do not know what to call it! Anyone got any cool ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes "Acrobat sucks at collaboration" 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines