• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Users on Computer - Other user can't open PDF's from Adobe Acrobat Pro Subscription

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a tricky one!

I have an Windows 10 PC with 2 profiles which both need to use my Adobe Pro Subscription.
Profile 1 – My business profile
Profile 2 – My personal profile.

I can open Adobe Pro on the Profile 1 – business profile 
On Profile 2 – personal profile, I can’t open Adobe Pro / PDF's. I have to use Chrome or another PDF program which is a pain since I have a paid subscription.

I have tried to disable Adobe Reader’s protected mode and that didnt work.

Any ideas? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's likely more of a mundane issue with Windows user privileges/ permissions at the system level. As far as Acrobat/ Reader are concerned, they don't discriminate. That's nerd stuff and can get really ugly, but start with a right-click --> Properties --> Security on the files and check whether your personal profile is actually allowed to access them. Rinse-repeat on your user management panel, the registry, security center, your system root drives and default system folders and whatever may be relevant.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if @Mylenium's  suggestion fails to help, check the general info to make sure the basics are being done correctly,

https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/manage-adobe-profiles.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines