• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My files gettng deleted/lost

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a student, i have my classbooks installed on my device and i'm doing my homeworks via Adobe Acrobat Reader on Android but i having a problem since about a year and i had a worse problem than ever today. When i finish my homework, i save my changes on doccument but spmetimes my changes getting deleted so as a precaution, i always take screenshot after finish a page. But today i had the worse problem. I was installed a quiz and completed the quiz and saved the changes on PDF but now i must show my answers for that quiz to my teacher but it's got deleted and yes, i'm not deleted. How can i fix this problem? Yes, I have to complete the quiz again, but I want to take action so that this problem does not happen again.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you doing your homework IN Adobe Reader? Do you not have any word processing applications? Word, Pages, TextEdit?

If this is a form with regions for you to fill in your answers, are you not saving before closing? If you are using Reader, you can do a "Save As…" to save your work after you are done. (You cannot Save, but Save As you can do, You'll have to provide a new name each time, such as My Test-1, My Test-2, etc.

With all you write, there's not much information to actually help you, I hope I guessed right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the "save as..." advice, i'll do it in quizes, but i can't do it on my classbooks because i fill new pages on same classbook (.PDF file) like every day and every classbook has about of 300 pages and i have about 6 classbooks and if i "save as..." every day, my device will probably run out of storage space.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, are you then manually typing in comments on the sides of the text in the margins. 

Also, are you sure you're using Adobe Reader? If you are using Reader, you cannot type in the margins unless you are using Acrobat Standard (for PC) or Acrobat Pro (For Mac or PC). Can you please verify what program you are using?

If you are using a Mac, you could use Apple's Preview, with that, you can type in the margins for free. I'm sure there's a PC equivalent but I do not know PC applications (sorry). (Just be aware that Preview is not as robust an application as Acrobat is, and filling out forms can be problomatic using Preview.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe Acrobat Reader on Android on a Samsung tablet. And yes, I'm overwriting the document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please understand that Acrobat Reader has many limitations because Adobe wants you to buy the Standard or Pro version so they can make money. Reader is free. 

I actually am astonished that you can do a "Save," or "Save as…" with Reader and overwrite a document. But not being a Windows or Android user, I have no way to test or verify this. 

On either my iPad or my iPhone, Reader is not the default PDF reader. I have to go through a small hoop to have Reader open up a PDF on either of my devices. However, with that default PDF reader, I can do some of the things that you are looking for. Is there any way you can verify what application is being used when you are looking at a PDF on your Android device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines