• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My formulas keep resetting themselves? I've removed them from the list on clear forms

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made some totals, subtotals and a tax calculation field. However, when I enter the data it doesn't work properly. So I go back in, reselect the exact same fields I did the first time and then it works? However, if I add more numbers onto the form or manual erase one it doesn't calculate properly? The formulas only seem to work once?  I've removed all the subtotal, tax and total fields from the clear form button. Any ideas?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like a problem with the field calculation order. Did you set it to the correct order?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem, but I have made sure items are in the correct order. When I delete values as a user of the form, it does not reset to $0 in two total fields, even though all other fields have no data. It leaves a random totals. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you make sure it has the right order?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While in Prepare Form under Fields, I moved each field to be in the order a user would hit TAB to proceed to the next field. My "TotalSubtotal" and "GrandTotal" fields, which are the ones not calculating correctly after deleting an entry and retyping, are listed below all other calculating and non-calculating fields except "Notes" and "Signature." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just found a different post about the "Calculate Field" option and assigned those fields to the proper form as well. Now everything works great. Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines