• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help removing unnecessary Embedded Files (video) from PDF

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have converted an ~450MB word file, with 50+ plus short video clips embedded as BOTH H.264 .mp4 objects (so video is clickable in Word) and as Shockwave Objects (embedded and viable in PDF once converted via Acrobat Pro).  When I convert to PDF, the mp4 objects turn into inactive tiny images (hence the Shockwave object existence), but the size of the PDF is still ~450MB.  Looking at the PDF Optimizer -> Audit Space Usage report, it shows that nearly 97% of my PDF is made up of "Embedded Files" (not an embedded font problem). 

It seems like the conversion is copying over the .mp4 video as an object within the PDF file, but then doesn't do anything with it.  I haven't found the right magic setting in the PDF Optimizer (if it is even there) to remove the "unnecessary" embedded data.  Thoughts?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Look for the PaperClip button on the left side of the Acrobat Window. This button exposes the File Attachments Panel. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines