• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help setting up a Shared Review on WebDav

Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, let me say the I am aware of the new "Send for Shared Commenting" feature of Acrobat. The issue is that my clients are on old versions of Acrobat. I'd like help setting up a shared webdav review. I purchased a hosting plan from SqueakSoft, as outlined in this article: Hosting a Shared Review: An Alternative to Acrobat.com

I am using Acrobat XI to set up my Shared review, because I can't find it that functionality in Acrobat DC. Does anyone have experience actually doing a shared review over Webdav?

I am not able to login, the login screen in Acrobat shared review just keeps refreshing. What actually happens once I'm logged in?

I'm not sure if the issue I'm facing is with my webdav host, or the Acrobat technology. Any thought?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DocumentGeek,

The functionality for classic version shared review is available in Adobe Acrobat DC.

You will need to first change the settings in the application preferences window. Refer to the steps provided below:

- Launch the application and go to Edit > Preferences > Reviewing

- Uncheck the box for "Share for review using the Adobe Document Cloud".

- Click the Ok tab at the bottom of the preferences window.

- Relaunch the application and go to Tools > Send for Review.

As you have mentioned that the Acrobat shared review login screen keeps refreshing that seems to the issue with the WebDAV.

It seems that your login credentials for WebDAV are not being saved on the machine.

If you are experiencing the issue on the work machine, I would suggest you contact your IT admin.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I got past the login screen, but now I get an error message.

Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 2.46.04 PM.png

Then I tried with a smaller PDF and got this error message:

Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 2.54.41 PM.png

Since I am self-employed, I do not have a network administrator. How is the folder supposed to be set up? I didn't get any options when I set it up.

I'm using SqueakSoft for my WebDav server. Is there another service that this feature works better with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DocumentGeek,

As per the second error message, it seems that you do not have the write permissions for the participants on the shared location.

I would suggest you, please try once to contact the WebDav support team and check with them if you have the read and write access for the participants for the shared location.

If they mentioned that issue is not from their end, then I would suggest please contact our support team to get this checked from here https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact/support.html

If you wish, I can also arrange a call back for you. For that, please provide the details asked below on the private message.

- Your Time Zone

- Contact number

- Your working hours when a call can be arranged.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thy webDAV support team informed me that I do in fact have read/write access. I'm now trying to use the Document Cloys review service, but it doesn't work well for what I need to do. I could use some assistance finding a better solution. How to do a Shared Review when Reviewers only have Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines