• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to change redaction color after redaction editing has taken place

New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have redacted a document using the default color black. I have been told, the redaction color should be blue instead of black. Is there a way to apply the color change to all redacted text at the same time or must it be done individually?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you already apply the redactions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The content is marked for redaction, but the redaction has not yet been applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know the answer to this?  We are currently being asked to mark up documents to be redacted in red, but aren't yet applying the changes as the client has to approve them first.  There is a posibility that the client will decide to change the redaction colour.  Is there a way to apply a blanket change to all of the existing marked up redactions at once, ore do we have to do them all individually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Tools > Comment

Select the redact markups and change the properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it using this code to change all the redactions markups to be red, for example:

this.syncAnnotScan();
var annots = this.getAnnots();
if (annots!=null) {
	for (var i in annots) {
		var annot = annots[i];
		if (annot.type=="Redact") annot.fillColor = color.red;
	}
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this, you saved me a ton of time!

By the way, if you want grey redactions, change the "color.red" to "color.gray" – US spelling, not UK spelling 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a tutorial on specifying colours/colors in Acrobat JavaScript. https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/using-colors-acrobat-javascript/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing, thank you! I did want to specify my RGB values, but didn't have time at that moment to look into it. Your link will be very helpful in future 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you enter this code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to "All Tools", then Select "Use Java Script". 

Go to Document Javascript Strings and paste the above, changing the color from "red" to whatever you want it to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have figured out an easier way, that does not involve code.  Open the document, go to the comments tab.  Select all redactions (you can do this by clicking the top one and then Shift clicking the bottom one on the list.).  Then right click the selected comments and choose properties.  This will open the window that allows you to change the color of all the redactions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines