• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to Combine Separate Fillable Documents into One

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Adobe Acrobat subscription. I need to be able to combine 2 similar fillable documents, each with different answers on the fields, into one non-editable document. How can I do that? I am using a MAC.
TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the files contain field with the same name you will have to flatten them first, then combine them.

You can do that using the Preflight tool or an Action that executes a simple script:

this.flattenPages();

Just be aware this is NOT reversible, so make sure to save the files under a new name, or to keep a backup copy of the editable files somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don´t know about the Preflight tool but, from looking it up, seems complicated. Wished there was an easier way to do what I want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can create a Custom Command with the code I provided. It's quite easy to set up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another methodology is to extract and combine the data, since it is usually the data you're after anyway.  Acrobat Pro provides a feature for doing exactly this in "Prepare Form" mode. 

MergeFormsToCSV.jpg

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines