• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to reactivate Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional [Acrobat 8 is dead]

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional just decided that it needed to be reactivated and Adobe doesn't do it anymore?

It fails on an internet authorization which always worked in the past.

If you call the phone activation line, it says we don't do it anymore.

If you chat with an adobe person they say it must be done in forums?

I love Adobe products (especially PS and LR) and use them extensively, but I am thinking about punting all of them if they decide to take your money for a product and then decide to stop allowing you to use it. I understand stop supporting it, but preventing you from using it is a separate matter.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

CS3 and Acrobat 8 activation server is retired see reply #1 https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2372929

-you MUST use the special serial number AND the special installer, not your originals

-above includes a link to get the special version AND links to help with activation problems

-more information on activation problems with the new version https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2385900

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There used to be an installer for Acrobat 8 that didn't require activation at all. They should just release it to the public once more and let people know that they're using it at their own risk, and that's it. The cost is hosting a single file on their FTP server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So What's to say that if you purchased another new subscription, they won't just stop your access on that version too in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of today, the subscription isn't to one version. It's to the product and includes upgrades, so you always have the latest version. They certainly make it hard to stick with and run an old version, they don't want that.

Of course, if you stop paying, then you lose access. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use my old Acrobat 8.1 a few times a year ... where there is file that I need to edit.  It works, why would I pay  a monthly subscription for casual use?  Acrobat 8.1 works fine for my small changes, but my drive is failing and I am stuck trying to install this on my new drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you won't be able to activate beyond the 30 day trial. ie, every 30 days you'll need to invest a fair amount of time to get acrobat 8 working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines