• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to void a contract already signed by other party and myself

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Client wants to not move forward with working together and I need to void our signed agreement. How do I do this? Thank you.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Shannon26962094ihm9 ,

Please describe in a little more detail what method was used to sign the agreement.

For example: Was the agreement shared using Adobe Sign?

Or, was it shared as PDF attachment via email?

Also, which type of signatures were applied? electronic signatures or certificate-based digital signatures?

Most important, dis you and the other party both signed the PDF agreement using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC or Adobe Reader DC or did the signer signed using other software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes, that might help. Duh. 

I used Adobe Sign. We both signed using the software. She signed first through the software (link sent to her email) and then I signed using the software. It's been sign and verified, but no monies have been exchanged and she can't move forward at this time so we need to cancel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit more details and screenshots woyld help understand your issue better.

When a pdf is signed with a digital signature, it is locked and the signature is valid until the document is modified. 

If a document is password protected, you cannot modify it.

I am concerned that if there is a legal issue here, we cannot really take a risk to tell you to 'break' a contract. If this is important, I suggest you get legal professional advice in your region.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes, that might help. Duh. 

I used Adobe Sign. We both signed using the software. She signed first through the software (link sent to her email) and then I signed using the software. It's been sign and verified, but no monies have been exchanged and she can't move forward at this time so we need to cancel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever get an answer to voiding a completed agreement?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines