• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New message: "There are unapplied redactions in this file" (either continue or "Apply"

Engaged ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am guessing this file contains unsaved redactions after Acrobatc crashed recently (not sure). i don't want to lose my redactions. If I continue to edit, the message persists. Is there a way to make it go away (turn it off)? Or just "apply"? (I did that, and I lost only two redactions, so pehraps all is well.)

Never had this occur before. 

Tx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback here.

This message is shown when you have redaction marks in your file which are not applied yet,once you apply, then redactions are created and message goes away. 

You can read more about this here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/what-s-new-in-the-redaction-tool-with-the-latest-acrobat-update/td-p/11133274?page=1

Do let me know if you need help here.

Thanks,

Charu Karwa

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DON'T TRY AND FIX A REDACTION ISSUE WITH PRINT TO PDF!! This is not a work around, it's a catastrophe.

You may end up with all the redacted content still available to anyone in the world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Most likely reason of you seeing Apply as disabled, can be that Editing the document must be restricted, so you can annotate the document and you will see unapplied redaction warning, but you will not be able to apply them. Please check document properties. 

Also as mentioned earlier as well, if redactions not applied properly, might leave your document content as-is.

Thanks,

Charu Karwa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I too need to know how to disable this ribbon. Please can you message me or just post on here?

Best,

Billy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have sent a private message to you with more details. Please check.

Regards,

Charu Karwa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charu, please can you tell me how to do this as well? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, please send me the instructions as well. I would like to disable the message from ever coming up on any file, not just a single file. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I find "unapplied redactions"?

The Apply button never prompted me to press it (never became active) after I selected the text with the redaction tool.  Nevertheless, despite the message that I had "unapplied redactions", the selected text was redacted, as I verified by reopening the file after closing it.

I want to eliminate the "unapplied redactions" message, but don't know how to find these "unapplied redactions".  I also don't know why the Apply button remains inactive ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines