Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Newbie question: how do I access content properties in a PDF ?

Advocate ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done 1000s of scripts for FrameMaker and now I need to do some for Acrobat now. I have been able to retrieve words from the PDF, but I want to find lines and specifically their position on the page. With this information I hope to retrieve the width of table columns. If there is a better way of getting this info, that would be nice, too.

Also, when I find a specific word and want to get its presentation properties (font, weight, color, etc.) how would I do that in Acrobat scripting?

Thanks for pointers to the right part of the right documents. 

TOPICS
How to, JavaScript, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not possible with Acrobat Javascript. Javascript can't access lines or font properties. It is possible with a plugin for Acrobat.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So can you tell me which plugin I need for this?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must create a plugin for your purposes.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, it might be possible with a script (I've developed similar ones in the past), but it's impossible to say for sure without seeing some sample files.

If you can share them with us I would let you know if this is something I could create for you, and if so for how much.

If you prefer to share it privately you can email them to me to [try6767 at gmail.com].

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines