• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newest version of Pro DC incorrectly applying security settings

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The user didn't have any problems until updating to the latest about 3 weeks ago. When opening any .pdf editing is disabled due to the error "This document has been signed and cannot be edited". We've traced it to File ->Properties ->Security. 
Even though the method says No Security, 2 fields - Changing the document & Document assembly - say 'Not allowed' so the user can't edit.

We also get prompted to 'Save a copy', which we do and can then edit, but once the document is closed/re-opened the security settings are reapplied...so we're stuck in a loop of always having to save a copy in order to edit. 
We've checked for further updates but none are available.
We've uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times, including using the cleaner tool, but same issue. 
As a workaround, I uninstalled Pro DC and installed Pro 2020. We have to initially 'Save a copy', but once we do that the security settings aren't reapplied in 2020 so the user can close/re-open as many times as needed without having to continually save copies in order to edit. 
We're paying for a subscription for the latest version so of course would prefer to use that rather than using 2020 as a workaround. 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As this happens only for some documents, not for all, one needs to analyze your documents to find out what triggers that behavior.

My guess would be that AppendOnly is set in the AcroForm SigFlags which implies the claim that signatures exist in the document. In that case the behavior of Acrobat would be reasonable. But this really only is a guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mikel,

It happens to every document she opens in the latest version. Is the SigFlags setting something that can be changed by the end user? I googled and it looks like it's part of the coding for the application and not able to be changed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the SigFlags setting something that can be changed by the end user?

I'm not aware of Adobe Acrobat allowing to easily change it. Also, as mentioned above, that's merely a guess...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2023 Oct 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.   Out of the blue this just started happening.  I created the PDF, I created the PW, and now it won't all me (THE OWNER) to change the security settings.  Doesn't even allow me to get to the spot to change the password.  HELP!

"You cannot change security on this document because the document is signed or certified."  WHAT DOES THIS EVEN MEAN?  I've tried SAVE AS and it does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the delayed response.

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 23.08.20470 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://adobe.ly/49bxDq8 and check.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines