• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NJ State Tax form problem?

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once a year I have to fill out a pdf tax form and auto submit it to the State Of NJ, I open it in the pdf reader (latest version) and fill it out but the "Submit" button doesn't work. In the instructions it says "These Pdf's are unique in that you may fill them out and submit them in any version of acrobat reader 8 and above" however it doesn't seem to work. If the answer is that despite the instructions I need the full version Acrobat then I really have to say why should I have to pay for a monthly subscription or $400 software when it's something I only use once a year? How can I resolve this?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

I finally managed to get through to someone at the state of NJ and they gave me an address that I could email it to and they acknowlaged that they've received 100's of calls saying the submit button doesn't work and that it's a problem with the pdf that has to be corrected. So problem solved for the moment, thanks for everyone's help on this!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the tax form publicly available for others to test? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's not a link to it that I can share, you fill out a form and get a code which you have to input in order to download it. I'm not in the office right now but I can check the original pdf and as long as it doesn't contain any identifiying information I can put it up on google drive and give you a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the mean time, what exactly happens when you try to submit the form? Is it definitely in the window of the Acrobat Reader app - not in the window of the browser, for example?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, once the form is filled out in Acrobat Reader DC towards the bottom of the form is a "Submit" button and when you click on it nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Report the issue to the authors of the form. If you can't share it with us there's not much we can do to help you with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I won't be in the office until Monday, I just have to check that there's no company speific information in the form and then I can put it up on Google Drive and post a link to it so you can take a look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like a problem with the way the form was coded and not with Acrobat Reader. 

Report the problem to the originator of the PDF form.  Hopefully they can fix it on their end.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given that the author is the State of New Jersey, the chances of contacting them let alone getting them to fix anything is slim to none as I already waited on the phone for over two hours to try and speak to someone before I gave up. I'll try again on Monday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally managed to get through to someone at the state of NJ and they gave me an address that I could email it to and they acknowlaged that they've received 100's of calls saying the submit button doesn't work and that it's a problem with the pdf that has to be corrected. So problem solved for the moment, thanks for everyone's help on this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you send me the email adress I have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines