Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No checkboxes in shared docoments

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I shared a PDF document to receive comments from my colleagues. So far it works fine and they can write comments or read them from others.

Now I wan't to mark some of theme as "done" bei using the checkbox. I activated them in the settings and as long as the document ist only stored locally I can see them. But everytime I share the PDF in the cloud, the checkbox function diappears.

Is this feature only available for local versions or am I doing sth. wrong?

Best,

Holger

Chuck Norris can slam a revolving door.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @H0L63R 

As mentioened that you want to use checkboxes to makr something as done. As the checkboxes can be added using the 'prepare form' tool, we request you to use the distribute form option to share the form and get responses.

Here is a help document you can refer to: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/creating-distributing-pdf-forms.html

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Harsh Vardhan Pareek,

thank you for the fast answer. To be more precisde I meant the checkboxes for the comments, not insode the PDF content. In my case my colleagues write a lot of comments (>150) into the PDF. Most of the time they use the browser.

While they are working on the document I open it in Acrobat DC. At this point I wanted to mark solved comments via the checkbox. But it doesn't appear. Even if I activate it in the settings. But this problem only appears in cloud dosuments not locally.

Best,

Holger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does you view the shared document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using both, browser and Acrobat DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure not to open the file in the browser, but to download it locally and then open it using Adobe Acrobat or Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That would be a solution but I liked to work in parallel. They comment while I work on the cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines