No output file when printing to Adobe PDF from a pre-existing PDF, .log file produced but freeze app

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A user using Adobe Acrobat 2020 exports PDF's with fillable fields to PDF using print to: Adobe PDF (or Adobe PDF Converter), their intended purpose was to generate a form that has some of the editable features stripped out but still keep the same .pdf format. Mostly for public facing situations this user deals with in their day to day duties. As a test, I chose the desktop to export the output, but instead of creating a version with less "bells and whistles", it only generates a .log file with the following error: "Adobe Acrobat could not open <filename.log> because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded). To create and Adobe PDF document, go to the source application. Then print the document to Adobe PDF". This message is continuous and won't go away resulting in having to use Task Manager to kill the task - even that doesn't work all the time, as it opens Acrobat again with the same error in a loop. Only way to permanently close was to delete the log file in question and then kill the task.

I tested the same file using Microsoft Print to PDF and Cute PDF which produce the user's intended result. However, they want this ability using Acrobat 2020 alone. Is this possible? I figure that there is some setting that needs to be toggled in properties when selecting print to Adobe PDF or Adobe PDF Converter so produce the same output MS Print to PDF or Cute PDF would. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?