• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No users on network can login to acrobat

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked up the domains that need to be opened for acrobat and have whitelisted them in our system. 

I found that pc's on our domain can no longer login to acrobat pro. Even when taking the pc off the network and logging into a hotspot we still get a you are offline error. 

This doesn't apply to updates though or the creative cloud program. We didn't make any network changes since it broke about a week ago. Adobe support tried to reinstall but basically ran out of ideas once that was done. 

We also have an issue when requesting an esignature doesn't work, as the "select where to sign" button doesn't respond. 

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please provide more details about your network  platform and system requirements.

Is this a virtual network environment with roaming user profiles?

Also, are these computers managed with Group Policy? How many are currently affected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi we do have romaing user profiles on the first pc that didn't work, but I have that disibled on my pc and it is not working. 

Every user I have tried seems to be affected. It seems turning off acrobats security features fixes the error, but we're unable to request esignatures (they work fine from the website)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, to recap,

If I am understanding correctly no users can sign in to their Acrobat with the AdobeID provided by your organization?

Can you please share what operating system version the users are on at the desktop level, which operating system version is managing the domain access, and what type of Adobe Acrobat version and licensing was deployed in your organization ?

And when you indicated that it works well from web site, are you referring from a web browser? which web browser(s)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If we go to preferences and turn off enhanced security in the settings login works, though we still can't use esignatures. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I spent over 20 hours troubleshooting this issue and many hours over chat with adobe support. Even if you're using windows 10 and have chrome as your default browser you'll need to go to IE11 and enable tls 1.2 support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

++EDITED REPLY, added some things that I missed, fixed some typos

Hi, and thank you for sharing that feedback.

I think that the support agent is correct except that, it is worth noting that, the transport layer security protocol version 1.2 (TLS 1.2) is deprecated in Microsoft Edge web browser and Google Chrome respectively.

In addition, if you are not the IT manager at your organization, the network administrator may have a lot of reading to do since the Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) web browser already reached end of life and is no longer supported by Microsoft.

That said, TLS 1.2 may also become deprecated in the near future and superseded by version(s) 1.3 or above.

From additional reading I've learned that TLS 1.3 is currently supported accross the modern family of web browsers but not enabled by default;  such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple's Safari web browser and the new Microsoft Edge (Chromium) web browser (which is basically a  de-googled open-source  web browsing rendering engine fork of Google Chrome).

Meanwhile, it  may  be convenient to enable TLS 1.2 on all the client-side computers, the server-side computers, and at the web browser-level on each client's desktop computers in order to achieve full compliance and standardization with that security protocol (not just on the client-side desktop computers that are sharing and accessing many services via  roaming user profiles accross that network).

However, at my work the Microsoft guidance that we are following is to disable IE11 completely and enabled Internet Explorer mode in Microsoft Edge during this transition,  and  also dedicate one web browser as the default web browser on each client computer  (enforced by the Administrators, not by the users).

Since Microsoft Edge web browser acts as the default File Manager, the default PDF handler and also as the default web browser in Microsoft Windows 10 and 11 versions, it would make sense to me to follow the recommended Microsoft guidance.

Below I compiled a few readings that may be helpful:

Let us know if this was helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines