• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to fill in forms with Acrobat

Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 

I bought Adobe Acrobat DC, but it's somehow alittle bit buggy. 

In the application version I am not able to fill in any forms. The first time I click into any form field (regardless of type, can be a checkbox, text field, whatever) the document freezes instantly. 

I can still use somehow the menu in the top bar, which is working somehow, but the display area of Acrobat DC is completely frozen. If I click any entry in the menu, the whole application gets to "not responding" where only killing it with Taskmanager can terminate it. When I maximize or minimize the window, it does not even render anymore, it just takes the pixel what has been preious there. 

This one is affection all documents which I have here. 

How ever, filling in the forms through the Chrome plugin in the browser works completly fine, but not with the appication itself, which is the thing I am normally working with and pay for. 

I am currently using the Win11 Build 25247.rs._prelealease.221114-1311 version of Windows. In attachment there is the used Acrobat Version as well as a form as example. 
Yes, I already tried to repai installation and de- as well as reinstalled the software. I even removed the complete CC and installed it again but the problem persists. 

What can I do to fix this?

Best regards,
Xiao

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Xiaolong_,

Thank you for reaching out.

As the application freezes, try the troubleshooting steps provided on the following help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-windows.html

Check if that helps.

If the issue still occurs, let us know if it happens with all the PDF forms or a particular one.

Did you start experiencing issues recently?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi MeenakshiNegi,

thanks for answer. I have done nearly all of the points under your link before reaching out, not all to be honest. 

This includes:

- Reset preferences

- Reinstall Acrobat (even on another hard drive)

- Drivers are up to date constantly

- I had a damaged RAM, but chenge of that did not resolve this issue here

- Run Acrobat under new User -> Nope still same problem

- Next logical step for me would be to reinstall Windows, but with that much software in use it's not done in a responsible matter of time. 

I will need to install it again maybe in a VM with Win11 to test if this occurs also there. The problem persists with ALL documents where form fields are available, no matter where do they come from. 

This issue is ongoing for like 2 or 3 months now. I noticed it a while ago, but didn't expect a general failure, just a minor bug. Until I needed the form filling again a while ago and now we are here. 

Thanks again for answer and support,

best regards,

Xiao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines