• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

O365 Word with Adobe Acrobat 2020 Pro - Revision/Compare not kept when converting

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have a werid one here, and I am sure it is a setting I am missing. In Word, using Adobe 2017, when we did a compare of two documents, we would save the new revised document with all the notes and etc in the new PDF. Now in the 2020 version we are seeing either it is saving the document, pretty much as the orginal OR it strips everything out. I have gone through the settings a few times and not sure what I am missing.

IF I use the builtin Word options for PDF conversion it works just fine.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

We are sorry to hear that. Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat 2020 you are using? To check the version go to help > Check for updates and make sure you have the recent version installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If it's a file-specific issue, please share the PDF file in question with us so that we can check it at our end.

Also, try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

Please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal!

This is every word document where we use the Adobe Plugin. I installed it on another machine, brand new install and it is doing it there as well. 

I have also checked for updates and there are none. 

So pretty much it is the defaults after the installation and updated with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Would you mind sharing a small video recording of the steps you are doing and the issue you are experiencing for a better understanding.  Also, please collect the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  procmon logs (Win Only) https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html  and share them via document cloud link https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html

Ragards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent you a private DM with the files and video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello? Amal? Have you checked the information you requested?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there ,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Please give us some time to get the logs checked. We will share the update soon.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been over a week, can I get an update please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to keep you waiting.

This issue is already reported to our engineering team and they are working on it for a fix. We will share the update as soon as we get any news from them.

Thanks for your time and patience.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Any update on this? It has been quite a while and I was hoping to have a solution by now. Please let me know how I can resolve this for my users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal?

Any update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

Sorry to keep you waiting. The issue is reported to our engineering team and they are working on the fix. It will be available in the future update.

I will keep you posted as soon as I get any news from them.

Thanks for your time and patience

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did they patch this yet Amal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Peter-S 

The issue is reported to our engineering team and they are working on the fix. It will be available in the future update

We do not have a fixed timeline from the engineering on this yet.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can anyone else please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines