• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ocr in acrobat produces unclear fonts

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trying to create an editable file from the attached....have like 70 pages worth. 

have tried to insert it in an acrobat pro dc version i found. when pressing edit and recognize text i make the selected language to greek and select make page editable. 2 problems a) the top line turns to a dash

Untitled.png and b) the text is not "clear" 

Untitled2.png this ACTUAL text, i can type but the font is

arial - 4151***, looks bad... really bad..

if i set the ocr to use system fonts flood gates open.....

Untitled3.png

top part is completely gone.... part of the title on the right gone.

the fonts are all over the place. the text though is CLEAR.

Untitled4.png

how can i do this? i just need the text to change values. titles, pictures and logos all stay.

whats the middle ground here???

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have access to the original file and original document? If so, I STRONGLY suggest you use that and then rebuild the PDF.

BTW, the name "arial (etc.)" is used because IF you didn't have Arial, you would not be licensed to use Arial. Adobe provides a mockup font to let you do the few things in Editing that you can do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, if i had access to that file i wouldnt be here trying to find out a solution.. 😁

that been said all i have to work with is this file. 

i know all about arial and stuff but doesnt make sense here. pc does have the language and fonts installed.

open up word lets say, i can locate arial, times new roman and all the (language) related ttf.

all of them are present in the fonts folder. why this turns up arial 12345 something and not crystal clear letters as plain old arial, no idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Georgece,

I just had a thought, and I'm not sure how easy or hard it actually might be because I'm only seeing a portion of the document, but what about converting the entire document to Word, making your changes there, and then re-PDFing it.

Depending on the document, this has worked. To be honest, for the small region of the document you have screenshots for, I am not encouraged. Fortunately, it should only take a minute to see what it might produce. 

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hey, this usually messes up the images and converts to rgb....

tried it though and the result is a mess.

feel free to try out....the COMPLETE file IS attached, just below the screen shots as a pdf. you will see this as 18 on the file name. been there since i first started this post..😀

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines