• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OCR not recognizing the I text

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to run scans and other methods but I don't know how to make it recognize the I textbox in the headers.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Scan documents and OCR , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What part of the PDF is the "I" textbox. I just ran this through Acrobat Pro and it seemed to do everything that was text.

I'm using Acrobat Pro DC on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@garyb  The OP is talking about the C  I headers. Acrobat is treating it as a column border or graphic object rather than the letter I. I am suspecting because it is a san-serif font and no surrounding text.  @smolkabbage  I would ask though, are your plans to make this accessible? If so, you will need to make this into a proper table to be compliant. OCR is just the first step. Alternatively you could add the letters I you need behind the image manually so you can build the table structure correctly. It is a fair bit of work for sure.

maxwithdax_1-1630427134703.png

maxwithdax_2-1630427173548.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the late reply. 

That's what I ended up doing. I added in the I over the text and used it as a replacement text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Adobe Acrobat does you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines