Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

OCR not working with Japanese and Chinese but OK with English and German

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I could do OCR with Adobe Acrobat Standard so I bought the product.

But then it fails all the time with OCR into Japanese and Chinese. With the message of "unknown error" (translated into English from my GUI)

Now after countless time of trying -- uninstall and reinstall. It won't open up, so I can't read the version info.

I'm using Windows 10 with Adobe Acrobat Standard installed through Creative Cloud, so I guess it's the latest version. I also try adjusting my computer to using Unicode instead of default CP950. Won't work either.

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Alicja260254448hlp 

We are sorry for the delay in response.

Please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/using-ocr-exportpdf.html and see if that works.

By default, OCR uses the language selected in the My Information dialog box. The OCR engine uses the selected language to interpret the scanned text. Selecting the correct language improves the accuracy of the conversion, as the OCR engine uses language-specific dictionaries for conversion. For non-Latin languages like Japanese, the OCR engine cannot interpret and convert the text unless you've selected the appropriate language.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines