• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Office 2016 & PDFMaker

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway to make Office 2016 64-bit compatible with Adobe Acrobat DC Pro PDFMaker?

I make PDFs of all my e-mails and this feature is sorely needed. Right now I have to use Nuances

PDF Converter Pro to do this. I prefer to use only one PDF program. Earlier versions of Acrobat

and Office did a better job than Nuance but I haven't been able to get the new versions of Office

and Acrobat to co-operate. Why can't Adobe keep this function on all versions of Acrobat?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 218 Replies 218
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tanvi,

I downloaded both programs on Thursday 4/21. I checked for updates on both even though they were brand new downloads. My operating system is Windows 10 which updates automatically so I am assuming it is also up-to-date. I am subscribed to Office 365 Personal and I am subscribed to a trial of Acrobat Pro DC.

I am doing the trial so I can determine if Acrobat Pro DC will do what I need.

Every time I went to create a PDF, I received an error message saying I needed additional software and to contact my administrator. Since I am the sole owner and user of my computer and software I am also the administrator and I have no idea what additional software I require.

I really need Acrobat Pro to work. So if you are able to help, I will be very grateful.

Thank you.

Sharon F. Svitak

<http://www.SharonSvitak.com> www.SharonSvitak.com

<http://www.SharonBurgess.com> www.SharonBurgess.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2016 Apr 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sharon

Can you please share the screenshot of the error message you face when creating PDF from Acrobat?

Thanks

Tanvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is too late now, because I cancelled my subscription to Adobe DC

and removed all their software. All it said was the an "known error"

occurred.​

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 2:53 AM, TanviRastogi <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attempted to do that, but I was not allowed to do so. It doesn’t matter now. I have found that if I work from the Word 2016 software instead of from Acrobat, I can convert the text to PDF.

Thanks for following up.

Sharon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11/3/2016

Windows 10 Pro (Version 1607, Build 14393.351)

Office 365 subscription with Office 2013 installed on my pc (Version 15.0.4867.1003)

Acrobat XI (Version 11.0.18)

Hello, I'm attempting to convert an Excel file to PDF by right clicking the file within File Explorer and selecting "Convert to PDF." After designating where I'd like for the output file to be saved, an error message pops up stating "Missing PDFMaker Files..."

Isn't this functionality supposed to work with Office 2013 and Acrobat XI? I've read through this entire thread, and I have been unable to rectify this issue. Please help!

Thanks,

Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XI Standard* (if that makes a difference).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jake,

Could you please let us know whether you are able to convert Excel files to PDF from within Excel using the "Create PDF" option of the Acrobat ribbon?

Regards,

Basma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that functionality works - just not from File Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had so much problem with the installation of Office 2016 already. It took me a full 15 hours to resolve all the problems with the suite plus two language pack accessories, therefore I don't want to risk everything by uninstalling or repairing them unless absolutely necessary, not when I need the apps every single minute of the day.
The absence of COM add-in is a huge inconvenience, but using "Print" function works only 50% of the time. I get around the problem by opening Acrobat and then go to File > Create PDF.

You are right that Acrobat is very costly, more so than Office. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A reasonable assumption is that Office 2016 support for both Windows and MacOS versions of Acrobat DC will be available in the next quarterly update to Acrobat DC, tentatively scheduled for October. Please note that older versions of Acrobat will not have compatibility updates for Office 2016!

Unfortunately, with each version of Office, the internal non-publicly documented APIs that Adobe uses for creation of PDF change significantly, unlike the public APIs used in typical VB applications, requiring significant re-jiggering and testing of our interfaces with Office. Yes, Adobe does start developing support for new versions of Office using “preview versions” plus additional builds provided to us by Microsoft, but these products are a moving target and we really cannot offer full and final support until the RTM version actually ships from Microsoft.

FWIW, there are risks in being an early adopter of new software that has dependencies on plug-ins, add-ons, etc. without first definitively ascertaining whether those components are ready! The same is true for OS compatibility with existing applications.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with Excel 2016. I work every day with Excel and I create multiple sheets to a single PDF Adobe Acrobat format file. With the automatic upgrade from Office 2013 to Office 2016 the Acrobat PDFMaker Office COM Addin is present in the options but do not work neither appears on tool bar.

I am a senior partner of an accounting company and I need to do daily reports to my clients on PDF format. I have a similar issue from another application MathType from Design Science, Inc. and they support department already resolved the problem in less 24 hours. My congratulations to this professional department of Design Science.

It’s inadmissible that Adobe does not solve these multiple problems. The Adobe Acrobat is an expensive application for these issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed FoxIt PDF  ($129) which is working flawlessly.  Rather sad such an expensive program (Acrobat) cannot work out of the gate (so to speak).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-iterating what Dov said, Acrobat DC currently does not support Office 2016. However, we can expect it to be available in October update.

Thanks

Tanvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dov !

You said that there will be an update for Acrobat DC, not for other versions. I have paid a lot of money CS 5.5 then more recently an other amount to upgrade to CS6 and CS6 is delivered with Acrobat X. After the automatic Office 365 upgrade (Office 2016) as mention by a lot of Adobe Users, both PDF Maker and Adobe printer do not work properly : I am not alone... So it is the responsability of Adobe to provide an update of this software including Acrobat X (CS6) to stay operationnal with Office and not to treat the customers without consideration !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

regedit ... search ...

hotkey local machine/Software/ Adobe/ acrobat pdf maker/11.0/ Office/supportedver...

11.0 10.0....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto for me but with Acrobat.  I bought it six months ago to solve this very problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2015 Sep 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with Excel 2016. I work every day with Excel and I create multiple sheets to a single PDF Adobe Acrobat format file. With the automatic upgrade from Office 2013 to Office 2016 the Acrobat PDFMaker Office COM Addin is present in the options but do not work neither appears on tool bar.

It’s inadmissible that Adobe does not solve these multiple problems. The Adobe Acrobat is an expensive application for these issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bummer.  I bought Acrobat XI specifically to be compatible with Office 365, now it isn't.  I am screwed.  I am losing faith in Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think:  Adobe=GREED.  That is how it has always been and seems to be the way they intend to keep it. This can last only so long as customers will get tired of this abuse by the company they are supporting. Since I need to buy different software to convert email to acrobat now that Acrobat XI pro in not compatible, I will think like Adobe and make it about money. I will find a free or inexpensive acrobat converter program and use the money I will save when I cancel Photoshop and Lightroom CC subscription next time. I rarely use either anymore because there are many newer programs that do very similar tasks as Photoshop at a greatly reduced cost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I do not like to be forced into upgrades when different compatiability problems are not solved. I bought 365 and I have Acrobat XI and I see the fact that software is not compatible as no other intention than to market DC. As a customer I spent a lot of money and now will I work with Acrobat XI I have to invest again. Shame for this way of marketing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is obvious that a lot of the third parties have to update their program add-ons.  Adobe does for sure.  Got around the current issue with the acrobat add-in by using the advise found on the net. Close Outlook 2016.  Open  regedit and search for GreatestSuppVer  and change to the value of the 16 (have to select decimal, you will see, otherwise the hexadecimal will appear as a letter).  Search only found the adobe program.. so was fine.  There were several that needed changes - I think was 8.  Then exit out.  Open Outlook 2016 again.  Then you have to click File then Options then Add-ins then Manage COM Add-Ins  and allow the Acrobat PDFmaker COM addin.   Close Outlook and reopen - and everything is fine.    DC is completely compatible.  By the way, the regedit also fixes the issues you may find in other Office 2016 programs - they will either now appear in the toolbar, or you might have to allow in a similar way.  Point is, is an easy update for Adobe to do, they just may want to test it out first.  I would think should be an update out there fast knowing it is all compatible.

Also the slowness for some  is due to an add-on in outlook 2016

Some are not so easy to fix as the acrobat. I just kept disabling one at a time until I found the one that cause the problem - then was fast

So many there - I disabled some of the new ones Outlook 2016 added, and one from Nuance - and that did it for me

Might be easier to delete all you don't use, then add back as needed.

Of course you should close Outlook 2016 after disabling the add-on and then reopen to see the result

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man, I don't know how you found that, but it worked, thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you. That worked!!!!

Why can't Adobe mention this workaround/adjustment to the registry?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows 10 64bit. The locations I found are below. It's pretty easy to make a .reg file to import and do this automatically, but I think Adobe should do that (hint hint).

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat PDFMaker\11.0\Office\SupportedVer\GreatestSuppVer\

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat PDFMaker\11.0\Outlook\SupportedVer\GreatestSuppVer\

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Adobe\Acrobat PDFMaker\11.0\Office\SupportedVer\GreatestSuppVer\

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Adobe\Acrobat PDFMaker\11.0\Outlook\SupportedVer\GreatestSuppVer\

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\11.0\Installer\X64Registry\PDFMaker\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat PDFMaker\11.0\Office\SupportedVer\GreatestSuppVer\

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\11.0\Installer\X64Registry\PDFMakerForOutlook\HKLM\Software\Adobe\Acrobat PDFMaker\11.0\Outlook\SupportedVer\GreatestSuppVer\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dank dieser Information hat es jetzt geklappt. Der einzige Weg ist in REGEDIT die Einträge zu suchen und zu verändern. Vielen Dank! 

Thanks to this information we finally made it. The only way is to look in REGEDIT entries and change it. Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines