• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old computer system disk crashed. How do I install Acrobat Standard XI on new computer?

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer system hard drive crashed and I had to get a new computer, but my 2014 Adobe Acrobat XI Standard software license is unavailable as it remains on the old hard drive. I want to install the software onto my new computer. How do I solve this problem?

In 2014 I purchased an Adobe Acrobat XI Standard program with multiple licenses. (I have the original installation files; the serial # is still active according to Adobe and in my possession.) I have used this program until a few days ago when the system hard drive on my computer crashed. Now I have purchased a new computer with the same OS, Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, and I installed the 2014 Adobe program on my new computer. I get a warning stating I have used the maximum number of available licenses and have 30 days (and counting down) to deactivate one or more licenses so that the new installation will fully operate. With the Adobe software and accompanying license unavailable on the old, crashed hard drive, I uninstalled the Adobe program from the new computer as well as from another computer I have hoping to free up a license for the reinstall on my new computer. After the reinstall on the new computer, I still get the same warning and currently, when I open a .pdf file on my new computer, it only stays open for about 10 seconds before it automatically closes, and the program is barely functional at all. How do I solve this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can only recover an activation by using a computer on which there is a current activation. if that's impossible (because the hds both crashed), then it's impossible to recover an activation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a current activation on the 2nd computer I had and I deleted the program, hoping it would deactivate one license to be available for the new computer. I still have a 3rd computer with a current activation of the Adobe program that I use. Can I recover an activation by using this 3rd computer? If so, how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before deleting/uninstalling a program you MUST DE-activate to be able use that activation again

What MAY work (or may not, I'm not sure) is to install on that 2nd computer and then see if installing linked the program to the activation, so you may then DE-activate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. Is there a difference in the process of "DE-activate" and uninstalling the Adobe program? If so, how do you DE-activate a program seperate from uninstalling it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the warning I get from Adobe Acrobat XI Standard on my new computer:

[Image with serial number removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, they're different.

deactivation is done by opening the (an) app > help > deactivate or sign out.

if you still gave a computer that had an activated app, even if the app was uninstalled, it can be used to deactivate 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, thank you responding. I couldn't find anywhere on my 2nd computer where I had unstalled Adobe Acrobat XI Standard to still deactivate it. So I went to my 3rd computer with an active program and was able to use that to deactivate. After that I still didn't see any change of the behavior of the program on my new computer, and I didn't see on the help tab a place to deactivate that recent install, so I did an uninstal and reinstall with using my serial number for activation, and still the program is acting up as before...after 10 sec automatic close and unable to manipulate the program. I tried using the repair tool on the help tab and that didn't make any difference. Any more suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on a computer that had an adobe app installed and activated, but now has the app uninstalled (without  deactivatiing):

reinstall the app

it should automatically detect the activation still on the computer (assuming the hd hasn't been wiped)

the app can then be opened>help>deactivate.

once that's done, the app can be uninstalled.

what exactly do you see on the computer were acrobat xi closes after 10 sec?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled Adobe Acrobate XI Standard on my 2nd computer, but no where did I see the opportunity to deactivate a license in the help section. So I went back to my new computer insall for Adobe and updated the program which seems to have cured the problem. Thanks for your help and guidance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i hope you're good, but can you click help in acrobat and paste a screenshot here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But do NOT post another screenshot with your serial number visible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines