Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old typewriter tool

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help!

Up until today I have had Acrobat X Pro. A while ago they removed some certificate. That made it impossible for me to:

* Save a form I'd done so a person with only Reader could fill in and save. (Save as/Reader extended PDF/Activate addition of text in documents (that are not fillable forms) (Sorry for the bad translation from Swedish!!)

* Activate the typewriter tool so as our large forms could be filled out without me having to make them as a form (they are a lot of pages, and change regularely, so we have made the typewriter tool accessible so that our customers can fill them in anyway). (Save as/Reader extended PDF/Activate more functions).

Today I finally got the latest version of Acrobat (Creative Cloud). Could somebody PLEASE tell me exactly how I should do for the 2 * above? I think I get the hang of how to save a form so that people with Reader can fill in and save, but to write in a non-form? Please tell me how I should save the file, and also how a person with Reader should do to fill it in... Pretty please?

I hope you understand what I mean. Hard to explain when the old and new programs were/are in Swedish 🙂

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Often the right answer comes from abandoning the wrong question: since the release of Acrobat Reader XI in 2013, eleven years ago, it is no longer necessary to enable the Reader extensions.
The commenting, filling and saving tools are available in Reader for all documents by default.

Copy-paste this URL in Google Translate to learn more:

https://www.abracadabrapdf.net/ressources-et-tutos/js-et-formulaires-ressources/pdf-reader-extended/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the delayed response.

1. To save a form as reader extended > go to File/hamburger menu > Save as other > Reader Extended PDF

2. It is no longer called the typewriter tool. It is now "add a text comment" For more information please check the help page https://adobe.ly/3I9nqym

Hope this information will help.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. But:

What is hamburger menu?

And when I get to Reader extended PDF there are 2 to choose from (there used to be 3, Activate more functions is missing). Is it the bottom one I should choose (roughly translated Activate more tools)?

Lena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Often the right answer comes from abandoning the wrong question: since the release of Acrobat Reader XI in 2013, eleven years ago, it is no longer necessary to enable the Reader extensions.
The commenting, filling and saving tools are available in Reader for all documents by default.

Copy-paste this URL in Google Translate to learn more:

https://www.abracadabrapdf.net/ressources-et-tutos/js-et-formulaires-ressources/pdf-reader-extended/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!! As I don't use Reader myself (even installing it to test messes Acrobat Pro up), I didn't know. Now I know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines