• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ongoing Issue Adobe Acrobat DC Not Responding at Startup

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched the threads on here and this appears to be an ongoing issue. Let me know what files you need and where to send them?  I've uninstalled and reinstalled but no change over several versions of Acrobat DC over the last year.  Running the latest creative cloud.

Current Version :  Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2018.011.20035

Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1

Issue: When opening any PDF or just Acrobat DC the program becomes unresponsive after about 15 seconds and then is fully functional after about 85 seconds.  This issue does not happen if you open the pdf in Acrobat DC Reader.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our current work around for now if to leave Adobe Acrobat open in the background and just close tabs. Its 200% faster and every user i've told to do this is saying they might just do this in future lol

Hardly a fix though, Come on Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just joining the throng of unhappy Acrobat DC customers who have this 'program not responding' delay when working with the program. Normally I'm quite impressed with the rapid fixes for the print related programs in Adobe CC but the Acrobat team is dragging their feet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sparky52t

It could be a conflict with other processes on your system.  As a test, boot up your computer in Safe Mode.  Does Acrobat DC perform better in Safe Mode or is it the same?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt it I have two mac machines and both has a long lag/wait every time acrobat starts up. It seems to be common and a software issue with acrobat Pro DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all!

I am having the exact same problem for a long time.

It is still happening with latest version 19.012.20035.

After trying everything on this thread, I finally found a workaround for this issue.

Go in Edit -> Preference -> Security (Enhanced) and uncheck Enabled Protected Mode at startup

Now I don't have any lag whatsoever!

This is really reproducible : if I check it again, the lags come back. If I uncheck, no lag.

However, I really don't feel comfortable having to deactivate a security component just to have a working product.

I would rather prefer Adobe to fix their mess and offer something that works and is secure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to version: 19.010.20098 - seems to solve the issue.

.msp File can be downloaded at below url:

19.010.20098 Out of cycle update, February 21, 2019 — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. It doesn't. The only solution now is to leave adobe opened and close tabs..

However the freeze happens when the program try to access the account and is more visible on slow lines

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As much as I'm aware that saying "I have the same issue" does not help much I can relate here. I work for a MSP that deals with multiple different environments. and we've had this issue at many of our customers (most of them are using Microsoft Terminal Services where it seems to be the most frequent but we've seen the issue on regular workstations as well.)

We are running the latest version of Adobe Reader DC (2019.010.20098 at the time of this writing) on those servers.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think someone mentioned this already - and it works for me since I mostly just read documents.  In Reader, sign out of 'Adobe Online Services'.  I have not had any unresponsiveness at startup since doing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue. Started about a month ago.  Acrobat Acrobat Pro DC hangs in "not responding".  The program is almost unusable at this point.  I can't make any changes or move throughout a document without the programming hanging with blue circle spinning and "not reponding"  I'm a long time Adobe user and have never had this issue.  Any suggestions on resolution are needed and appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I re read this entire thread that dates back to 2018. There are a few good solutions offered that you can try. I would start by running the troublshooter for compatibility mode and see if by changing the backward compatibility to an earlier version of the operating system that you have... i am assuming you have Windows as i am not familiarized if in macOS there is a similar troubleshooting option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines