• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Online notarization - Ontario, Canada - e-signatures, digital stamps, etc.

New Here ,
May 12, 2024 May 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I live in Canada and I am looking for help with steps to notarize a document online where the user signs their signature (e-signature), then I (notary) signs the document and provides their notary stamps. Any help on the proper steps to make this valid and legal would be greatly appreciated. I have Adobe Pro.

Thanks,

Catherine

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2024 May 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The process is quite straight forward for the signatures part. Edit the document > add signature fields > send for signature.

I see a couple of issues that might stop this process:

1.  signing a document 'locks' the file, which means it cannot be changed if the signature are to remain valid. Adding a stamp (we'll need more details on that part) means changing the file after signing, wihich will un-validate the signatures
  2. Not every country accepts esignatures and signed pdf's as legal documents. You might need to do some research from the Canadian Association of Notaries (or official equivalent).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Eric,

Thank you so much for your quick response. I figured out the answer. However, I have another question - regarding the final document (after its been signed and approved). Since I will be invoicing and expecting payment from the person right after I approve the document (before the online meeting ends), I would like to have control over when the final document can be sent to the signer - I do not want it sent to their email right after I approve the document. Is this something that can be with Adobe Sign.  Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines