• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Only prints in landscape, not portrait in Adobe Professional XI.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've searched this forum and the internet for several hours. Unable to find solution. Can you help me?

I'm unable to print in portrait mode even though "Auto portrait/landscape" is selected in Adobe's print dialog screen, paper handling and sizing option is "size" and not "multiple".  Printer settings in Windows 10 printer devices is also set to portrait mode, not landscape. I'm having same printing in landscape only even though portrait setting is selected in Microsoft Word 365. Printing is fine in portrait mode on my other computers and mobile devices. Thank you.

Computer: Sony Vaio Canvas tablet

Software: Adobe Professional 11

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Hi,

Have you tried downloading the latest recommended printer driver from the device manufacturer web site?

If you have not yet, try that first using the recommended steps from the device vendor for uninstalling the old driver and installing the latest driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you tried downloading the latest recommended printer driver from the device manufacturer web site?

If you have not yet, try that first using the recommended steps from the device vendor for uninstalling the old driver and installing the latest driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. FYI, it prints fine in portrait mode on other computer and devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I tried reinstalling it for the 2nd time and it fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Awesome! You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would check the "Properties" when the Print dialog window pops-up for printing. You may have to search through many levels of pop-up windows to find the setting. There is also a "Page Setup" option at the left bottom of the pop-up Printer pop-up window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried that already searching for all options. Strange thing is it works fine on other devices with same settings. Same issue with MS Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to ask, if in the other computers that the printing the file works fine are they using the same OS that you have in your Sony VAIO?

Are they using older windows version running Adobe Acrobat XI? Is this at work or persnoal home computers sharing a single license for the Acrobat Pro XI?

I also forgot to ask if the file that seems not to Auto-Rotate correctly when trying to print from the Sony VAIO computer  was converted to PDF or converted from PDF? (which application?)

I see some relevabce in the following settings :

ADVANCED- DOCUMENT STRUCTURING CONVENTIONS--RESIZE PAGE AND CENTER ARTWORK

EDIT -PREFERENCES-CONVERT TO PDF-ADOBE PDF SETTINGS FOR SUPPORTED DOCUMENTS---EDIT --AUT-ROTATE PAGES COLLECTIVELY-OF OR ALWAYS, DEFAULT PAGE SIZE ALSO IN GENERAL

CONVERT TO PDF---POSTSCRIPT/EPS--ADOBE PDF SETTINGS--EDIT (try to convert the file to MS Word from Adobe Acrobat and then conver it  back to PDF and see if the problem disappear.

Lastly, I was thinking if it is convenient for you to run the Troubleshooter in your Win10 to select the operating to run Adobe Acrobat XI in an older Windows version environment and see if that helps (I am recommending this because of the End-ofSupport cycle for the version of Acrobat that you are using).

Post back with your feedback. I am curious if any of these tips will work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the various suggestions. I tried some of your suggestions and didn’t work. I finally tried reinstalling the printer driver and deleting the one defaulted by Windows 10 for the second time. I even ran the troubleshooter as mentioned. Once the driver was reinstalled it finally worked and can now print in the correct orientation. Thank you everyone for your support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link might be a little redundant here but I found it to be useful: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Acrobat/Manually-installing-PDF-Printer/td-p/4527800

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link. I checked through it to see if there was some help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines