• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Only the first line of wrapped URLs works

New Here ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some long URLs in a PDF that are wrapped. When they're clicked, only the first line of them is used as the URL link, not the whole URL. So I get a 404 or the wrong page on the site. Is there a way to make the entire URL be used?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you add a Link object yourself, or are you relying on the option to automatically generate links from plain-text URLs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anytime there's a very long URL I go to tinyurl.com and convert it into a short URL. This does not solve your problem which are end of the line wraps but either Try67 approach or this will solve your problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for you quick response, gary_sc. I've recommended to my client that they try Try67's approach. The document may end up as a paper pamphlet, so I've also recommended that in that case a URL shortening service be used so the reader will find it easier to type the URL into a browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ward,

Yes, that's the one big reason why I use the URL shortening services. While the results do not have the mnemonic ease of a basic website, they are sufficiently short that even my dyslexic brain can deal with the results. The combination of the two handles most cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines