Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

open extended search only

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I could need a adivise in a case which my colleauge asked me to solve.

He's having alot of differnt pdf's in an folder and spending alot of time to look them threw to find a certain content.

I found out about the Acrobat extended search and its working perfeclty so far. But the thing is that we can only search the pdf's with an already open pdf and have to click threw the menu etc.

Is there a way to only open this extendend Search manually so that he just types in his search term and get the results afterwards?

Thanks in advance for your help

Philipp

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

philippm89668421​

For large numbers of PDFs in a folder - you can define them as a catalog in Acrobat Pro, which generates a PDF index for the PDFs. Refer more - Creating PDF indexes, Adobe Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the short cut CTRL+ SHIFT + F to open the Advanced Search manually.

Also, you can set a preference so that More search options always appear in the Search window.

In the Preferences dialog box under Categories, select Search.

For more available options you can read Searching PDFs, Adobe Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there is no way to do without it?  Can i save the search variables so that he just have to enter the term and dont have to select folder where the pdfs are in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

philippm89668421​

For large numbers of PDFs in a folder - you can define them as a catalog in Acrobat Pro, which generates a PDF index for the PDFs. Refer more - Creating PDF indexes, Adobe Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines