• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening Attachments in Acrobat PDF to Word

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF document (sort of a toolkit) with some Word file attachments. I inserted them as attachment in my pdf and want to make a page view hyperlink in the PDF and then open the appropriate document in Word. 

Is that possible? Normaly I attach PDF documents and it works fine. 

I can make a hyperlink and when I choose the page view option, I double-click the Word attachment and it opens in Word, then I click 'set Page view' and done, but when I try the link in the PDF, it doesnt work.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mac

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble and the delay in response.

You can attach PDFs and other types of files to a PDF. If you move the PDF to a new location, the attachments move with it. Attachments may include links to or from the parent document or to other attachments.

Don’t confuse attached comments with file attachments. A file attached as a comment appear in the page with a File Attachment icon or Sound Attachment icon, and in the Comments List with other comments. (See Add comments in a file attachment.)

To know how, please checkout the steps shared in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/links-attachments-pdfs.html#add_an_attachment

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Amal,

Regarding the attachments or comments with file attachments, do they remain with the original PDF when sent for signatures?

Thanks

FadiS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

As shared earlier, if you move the PDF to a new location, the attachments move with it. Attachments may include links to or from the parent document or to other attachments.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thankyou,

yes  know how to attach files that move with te PDF document. But when I attach a XLS file people don't know it's there. So what I would normally do is make a hyperlink to go to page view and open that attached file. But it won't open in Excel automaticly. I can use comments to attach a file and that opens fine, but I don't like comments in my PDF file. it doesn't look professionally that way. So what I did now is just attach the XLS file, than make a hyperlink box on a text that executes a menu assignment to open the attachement window... Its a bit of a workaround...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines